Lea Salonga, a Tony and Olivier Award-winning theater actress and Disney Legend, was named one of the judges in the 60th Miss Universe Pageant which is happening in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Miss Universe Organization President Paula Shugart announced that Salonga, together with 6 others, will judge this year’s pageant which is happening on September 12.
Joining our very own Lea Salonga in judging the 89 delegates of Miss Universe 2011, are the following:
* Adrienne Maloof, from Bravo’s hit series “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”
* Amelia Vega, Miss Universe 2003
* Connie Chung, U.S. broadcast legend
* Helios Castroneves, three-time winner of the Indianapolis 500
* Isabeli Fontana, Brazilian supermodel
* Vivica Fox, actress & television producer
Andy Cohen of Bravo’s “Watch What Happens: Live” and Natalie Morales of NBC’s “Today” will be hosting the event.
Live performances will come from Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter Bebel Gilberto and Brazilian native pop singer Claudia Leitte.
The live coverage of the 2011 Miss Universe beauty pageant will be shown on ABS-CBN on September 13 in the morning.