Sunday, December 26, 2010
Top 20 Celebs Gone Good in 2010
The Grammy award-winning singer broke into the political sphere this year with her support of gay rights and call for the repeal of “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.” She also hosted the “Hands Up For Marriage Equality Event” and modeled for MAC Viva Glam, donating all the proceeds to HIV/AIDS prevention.
Here is DoSomething.org’s list of the “Top 20 Celebs Gone Good” in 2010.
1. Lady Gaga – supports gay rights and marriage equality.
2. Alicia Keys – she worked with her organization, Keep a Child Alive, to continue providing AIDS treatments for people around the world.
3. Taylor Swift – supported the relief effort for the Nashville flooding by donating half a million dollars.
4. Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore – led the fight against child sex trafficking
5. Ellen DeGeneres – helps highlight the harms of bullying.
6. Nick Jonas – actively promoting diabetes awareness.
7. Matt Damon – helps provide safe drinking water and sanitation to developing countries.
8. Leonardo DiCaprio – for his environmental work and large donation to save endangered tigers
9. Oprah Winfrey – donations to charity.
10. Justin Bieber – donations to charity.
Completing the Top 20 are:
12. Betty White
13. Eva Longoria
14. Sophia Bush
15. Alyssa Milano
16. Sandra Bullock
17. Wyclef Jean
18. Prince William
19. Stephen Colbert
20. Annalynne McCord